Your Home Buying: Our Plan
You are ready to buy a home. Are you aware of the forces at work in today’s real estate market? Multiple offers are commonplace, cash is king and even though lenders are offering the lowest interest rates of a lifetime, those loans come with very strict guidelines. All of these factors have a real impact on what you need to do before attending your first Open House. Are you prepared for this?
To purchase a home, only the most prepared buyers can truly compete for the finest properties. George Martin takes the time from Day One to relieve you of the uncertainty of this process. We truly listen to you and prepare you to meet your objectives and enjoy what can be an emotional journey. Genuine trust is exchanged and you are on your way forward.
Outlining Your Objectives
- What is your motivation to buy?
- What price range are you considering?
- What is your timeline to move?
- What are your ideal features and “non-negotiables”?
- What are you looking for in a neighborhood?
Planning and Preparation
- Discuss objectives and process
- Select a lender and begin loan approval process
- Obtain loan approval letter
- Sign exclusive buyer-agency agreement
- Research neighborhoods of interest
Understanding the Market
- Analysis of active, pending and sold transactions
- Review contracts and timelines
- Personal timing and seasonal considerations
- Market forces; supply v. demand, macro v. micro
Finding Your Home
- Browse and review online listings
- Notification of new and off-market properties
- Attend open houses
- Select your ideal location and home
Offers and Negotiation Strategies
- Learn about the Purchase Contract
- Discuss multiple-offer strategies (as needed)
- Offer presentation and highlighting buyer strengths
- Negotiate to optimize price and terms
- Acceptance of offer/counter-offers
- Notify escrow of acceptance and send fully executed contract
- Wire initial deposit to escrow per terms of agreement
- Notify lender to begin the loan and order appraisal
- Sign and return opening package of escrow instructions
- Contact insurance agent regarding homeowners coverage
- Provide escrow with vesting (title) information
Inspections and Disclosures
- Schedule all desired home inspections, including termite report
- Review all disclosures and reports
- Approve or negotiate repairs based on the inspection reports
- Meet deadlines of contractual contingencies
- Schedule final walk-through prior to close of escrow
- Review closing statement from escrow
- Meet with escrow to sign loan documents
- Arrange to wire the down payment and closing cost
- Transfer utilities to new location
- Closing, key delivery and celebration
Working Together Again
- Staying in touch
- Second homes and investment properties
- Providing resources and introductions
- Referrals, testimonials and reviews
A Buyer’s Guide to Homeownership
Purchasing a home is a very important decision. I would like to help you with honest, accurate information so you can make well-informed decisions regarding the purchase of your home. This booklet will give you an idea of what to expect during each phase of your transaction. It also contains reference pages, note pages, deadline information, etc., and is useful as a reference guide even after the transaction is closed.
To receive your Buyer’s Guide, use a valid and current email address.